Under construction. To include natural cleaning supplies that can be easily used at home. Green cleaning supplies are often cheaper (if made at home), safer, and better for the environment.
- Liquid Castile Soap
- Lemon Juice and or Lemons and or Limes
- Baking Soda
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Washing Soda (sometimes called sodium carbonate)
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Borax (sometimes called sodium borate, sodium tetraborate or disodium tetraborate)
- Essential Oils Collection
- tea tree
Hardwood Floor Cleaner (polyurethane sealed)
- Sweep the floor with a fine bristle broom that is not used outdoors first. Next use a dust mop and then actually mop with water and a small amount of a cleaning solution formulated for hardwood floors. Another option for hardwood floors is to simply use warm or tepid water or solution of a quart of warm water to 1/4 cup of vinegar. Use a plastic rectangular bucket as it is gentler on floors than a metal bucket and fits mops better than a round bucket if feasible. Consider the Pico Spray Mop by Leifheit for touch-up mopping as it can be used with any cleaning solution and not just given brands as some mops are designed for. Some good natural cleaning brands are Mrs. Myers and Babyganics and The Method. Quickie.com sells mop refills.
- hydrogen peroxide can kill mold, which needs a damp place to grow and live. Spray hydrogen peroxide on a shower curtain to minimize mold and use as an after shower spray. Tea tree oil with water also makes a good after shower spray.
- Baking soda mixed with essential oils makes a good cleaner for scrubbing the tub with a scrub brush.
- Purchased a High Reach Cleaning Kit from Aldi in maybe March 2017 by Easy Home (R). It has a 13ft telescopic pole that can reach up to 19ft, dual window washer squeegee, bendable microfiber duster, cobweb duster brush, suction cup bulb changer, and grip bulb changer. After sales supper USA 1-800-599-8898 Model: 03769-17 Product Code: 52444 02/2017. Made in China. Distributed by Aldi Inc. Batavia, IL 60510 www.aldi.us 041498240813. Look forward to trying to use the bendable microfiber duster on the ceiling fan.
- clean garbage pails with a mixture of warm water and borax, wear gloves when cleaning, add dry powder borax to the bottom of the garbage pail to help minimize smells